1. If a man wants to be with you, he will make his actions clear. There won’t be any questions, murkiness, cloudiness, or fear.
Oh, this will preach. Basically, actions speak louder than words every time. If someone wants to be with you, nothing will stop them from being with you. You will not have to worry or wonder. You will not have to figure out your number in the line up. They will be plainly interested in you and you only. How do I know this? Because I have seen it, I have experienced it, and it is a truth in my life.
2. You will never gain anyone’s approval by begging for it. When you stand confident in your own worth, respect follows.
This is true, but respect may or may not follow. A person who has no respect for you will not begin to have respect for your just because you get some standards, you just have to move on. I have begged a few dudes in the past to be with me(sadly enough this started in fourth grade). Hindsight is a mother. I now know that I don’t have to beg anyone to be with me. If someone doesn’t want to be with you, begging will not make it better. It will just make you look worse.
3. Don’t ignore the love you do have in your life by focusing on the love you don’t have.
Basically, don’t ignore your family and friends who love and support you through all of your ups and downs. This also holds true when you do get into a relationship. I think those of us who are believers try to cleave to another person before we are actually married to them. This can be very unhealthy and lead to disaster when the other person gets tired of you smothering them. I also learned this the hard way. Now I like to give people as much space as I can(I have my moments but for the most part, I let them decide for themselves how things will move forward).
4. A busy, vibrant, goal-oriented woman is so much more attractive than a woman who waits around for a man to validate her existence.
This is just so single women can continue to be busy while they are single. Some guys will resent your busy-ness if it stands in the way of your relationship. Again I would say that you need to have balance in your life. You can have your own life as a single woman, you just have to make sure you can make room for a partner otherwise, you will be too busy for a relationship.
5. Being brave enough to be alone frees you up to invite people into your life because you want them, not because you need them.
Sometimes you have to be alone to find out who you are(for those who are always in a relationship). Take this time to find out what you really want in a relationship and what you have to offer someone. Take this time to let God lead you.
6. Love shouldn’t require Windex to be clear. It either is or it isn’t.
I had to learn this lesson the hard way as well. People can say I love you for a variety of reasons and motivations. At the end of the day, the only thing that will matter are loving actions. This is so true for women to understand because women are more emotional than men and words give women the warm fuzzies and make them ignore horrible actions. If you have to make excuses for the other person, it isn’t love. If you cringe inside at their actions, it isn’t love. If you are an enabler, it isn’t love.
7. Here’s a glorious thought: You don’t have to settle. Ever. In love or in life.
This can be a hard lesson to learn. If you are not happy and you are settling, it won’t work out in the end. If you keep telling yourself that this is your only hope, it won’t work. If you have to make excuses for why it will work out in the end, it won’t work out. When you put God first and ask Him to direct your path and take you out of situations that are not good for you, you won’t have to settle.
8. Some steps need to be taken alone. Its’ the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be.
This echos number five. The main person you need to have on your side at the end of the day is God. If another person is there, you are blessed. When you have the wrong person in your life, your perspective can get cloudy and you may be influenced to follow them and not where you are being led.
9. You don’t always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go and see what happens.
This is true for each day. When you can truly let go and let God, you are closer to where you need to be. In fact, you are right where you need to be. This means that you can take your time and enjoy the ride. You don’t have to have your wedding planned after the first date. You don’t have to wonder what your kids will look like after the second date. You don’t have to take control after the third date. Just let life happen the way God has planned it. I know this is easier said than done, but as long as you try to do this, you can’t go wrong.
10. The real fairytale is designing a life that’s so amazing, that you don’t want to be rescued from it.
Well, I think this can only happen when we allow God to design it. I think this has to do with contentment. I can’t say that I have my fairytale yet, I think I have a lot of good ideas. I like to think I am on the path to my fairytale. Again, only God truly knows.
Lots of food for thought