This playlist is for all my exes because these are the songs I find myself playing when one of them crosses my mind:
1. Payphone by Maroon5 and Wiz Khalifa because its the truth and it makes me dance at the same time 🙂 Plus, Wiz kills his verses 🙂
2. Let It Go by Keyshia Cole f. Missy and Kim because this song is still the jam and everyone’s verse says “Hey you wish”
3. Heartless by Kanye because even though I have issues with Kanye this song is the truth
4. Ain’t Gon’ Cry by Mary J. Blige because Mary speaks more truth and I love Waiting to Exhale
5. Up Out My Face by Mariah Carey the reprise because nothing says keep it moving like a live marching band 🙂
6. Shake It Off by Mariah Carey because everybody knows when they have to shake off the nonsense.
7. Wait Till You See My Smile by Alicia Keys because even though you might cry for a minute, just remember why it didn’t work out and you can smile.
8. Cry Me A River by Justin Timberlake because everybody can catch feelings but once you realize they aren’t the same, you gotta bounce.
9 .Say Something by Timbaland and Drake because people act funny when you do better. Oh well.
10. Let Him Fly by The Dixie Chicks because when you have done all you can in the relationship, you have to let it go.
11. She Let Herself Go by George Strait because when you do things for yourself, they turn out much better.
12. What Hurts The Most by Rascall Flatts because everybody has a low point in their journey.
13. Blame It On Me by Chrisette Michelle because sometimes you just have to go and you don’t care if the other person doesn’t want to take responsibility for their part.
14. Epiphany by Chrisette Michelle because once you know in your knower, you have to move on.
15. Survivor by Destiny’s Child because its one of my ultimate motivation songs and I am a survivor 🙂
16. Chain of Fools by Aretha Franklin because when you can admit that someone played you, you can do better and work on you so that it doesn’t happen in the future.
17. RESPECT by Aretha Franklin because when you have respect for yourself you won’t tolerate disrespect from a partner
18. Thinking Of You by Kesha because its motivating and is a great response when people keep blowing up your phone.
19. Uninvited by Alanis Morissette because sometimes you just have to let people know that they don’t have a spot in your life anymore
20. Jar Of Hearts by Christina Perri because she puts your thoughts together so perfectly. Also, its ok to ask someone “Who do you think you are?”.
Well, I could probably go on and on but I think this is definitely a good playlist whenever you need a boost or need to shake off a non reality thought about someone who treated you badly in reality.