To be honest, pretty much every book I read changes my outlook on how I view myself and others. That’s probably why I love books so much. I will make this list short for now because I could go all day.
1. The Bible has changed my view of God and believers( I try not to judge as much as I used to).
2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen changed my view of relationships(knowing that there are good, loving men in the world and when I don’t think so, I can crack it open and my faith is renewed again).
3. A Piece Of Cake by Cupcake Brown showed me that a person can go through so many horrible things in life and still live a life of meaning and purpose.
4. The Autobiography Of Malcolm X by Malcolm and Alex Haley taught me that Malcolm X was a good man and had a lot to offer the world.
5. Anything that Iyanla Vanzant writes teaches me to look deeper at what God is trying to teach me and that God is always in the details no matter what the details may look like from my point of view.
If you cannot read any of these books today, I suggest you pick up the book closest to you and just take some time to read and learn something. Knowledge is power and no one can take that away from you, ever.
Happy Reading 🙂
Awareness-everyone seems to have a different opinion of it. To me, being aware means seeing everything for what it truly is. To become aware involves stopping, opening our eyes and hearts, and seeing things as they are. Everything that I have is a gift from God. Am I truly living that way? Being aware means knowing myself(my thoughts, my feelings, my likes and dislikes). It takes patience, time, and effort but is totally worth it. I read something last night that is so similar to today’s reading. So now I know that I have to take my time and be aware today.
How are you showing awareness today?
“Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting righteousness” Psalm 139:23-24(NLT)
Today’s devotional reading invites us to trust in God instead of trusting in ourselves. When we lean on God’s strength and wisdom, we end up better off than when we try to think “I’ve got this” and spin our wheels until we have no choice but to rely on God. Whatever you are facing today know that God is already seeing you through.
Psalm 37:3-6 “Take delight in the LORD and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you your heart’s desires. Commit everything you do to the LORD. Trust him, and he will help you. He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun”. (NLT)