To be honest, pretty much every book I read changes my outlook on how I view myself and others. That’s probably why I love books so much. I will make this list short for now because I could go all day.
1. The Bible has changed my view of God and believers( I try not to judge as much as I used to).
2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen changed my view of relationships(knowing that there are good, loving men in the world and when I don’t think so, I can crack it open and my faith is renewed again).
3. A Piece Of Cake by Cupcake Brown showed me that a person can go through so many horrible things in life and still live a life of meaning and purpose.
4. The Autobiography Of Malcolm X by Malcolm and Alex Haley taught me that Malcolm X was a good man and had a lot to offer the world.
5. Anything that Iyanla Vanzant writes teaches me to look deeper at what God is trying to teach me and that God is always in the details no matter what the details may look like from my point of view.
If you cannot read any of these books today, I suggest you pick up the book closest to you and just take some time to read and learn something. Knowledge is power and no one can take that away from you, ever.
Happy Reading 🙂